St Patrick’s Church was built in 1845 when we still belonged to the Parish of Coleraine. On completion we were set up as an independent parish in 1848 serving St Patrick’s, Portrush and St Mary’s, Bushmills. The little church was built with local stone from a quarry in Kerr Street Portrush. It served the spiritual needs of the Catholics in the area for nearly 100 years. As Portrush developed into a thriving resort the Catholic population increased and the old church was extended in 1936 to accommodate them. Further renovations were necessary in 1987 due to severe weathering of exterior and windows. The interior needed updating to comply with Vatican II and the new Liturgy. Today we thank God for the faith and sacrifices of the generations who built the original church and extended it 90 years later. With the planned maintenance programme ongoing, may our church continue to be a fitting centre of worship for many years to come.
- St Mary’s Bushmill
- Mass Booking